Pupil Premium / Sports Premium
Walcott Gardening Club has been awarded the RHS five star award for its allotment and cottage gardens. Well done to all those involved in the club
For real time updates on events and information please join our Facebook group. Search 'Carrdyke Federation' and request to join. This is a closed group for parents, close relatives and invited professionals.
For diary dates and real time news notifications please download the Ourschoolapp from the app store for free. Use the school postcode LN43SX to access information for Walcott.
GDPR: School Privacy Statements can be found under the policy tab.
The named safeguarding leads for Walcott are: Mr Sewell and Mrs Miller. If you have any safeguarding concerns regarding children make these staff members aware.
Safeguarding and Esafey governor: Rev Steve Holt
Local Authority Designated Officers for safeguarding concerns:
Rachael Powis and Jemma Parkinson 01522 554674
If you have a safeguarding concern that relates to events out of school consider calling the police or Lincoln safeguarding children customer service centre 01522 782111.
Click here for the 2018/19 Plan
Click here for the 2017/18 Plan
Walcott Primary School Recieved £27,000 in pupil premium funding for the year 2016 /17. Most of the children recieving free school meals are in Foundation stage and KS1. The school has used this money to improve the teaching of phonics and to ensure children recieving free school meals make good progress towards the national target. This is delivered through:
- Enabling the retention of three teaching assistants in morning to deliver small group phonics teaching.
- Retaining four classes (Year three has only six children)
- The school has also used £500 to pay for additional bespoke 1 to 1 counselling by 'CASY My Space' for children with emotional and behavioural needs. A further £400 has been used to provide behaviour mentoring and support from Needbright Solutions. This has focused on working with vulnerable children at risk of exclusion.
Click here for the 2018/ 19 Plan
Click here for the 2017/18 Plan and Review document
The school has received £18200 sports premium. This has been used for the following:
- Additional sports coaching and mentoring of staff: £10000. All classes have one afternoon coaching by a sports specialist.
- After school multi skills / Tag Rugby clubs
- Dinner time sports clubs
- Membership of local school league
- Climbing wall visit in spring term £1000
- Transport to take children to our partner school for inter school competitions: £800
- Provision of a proffesional counsellor to support mental health and wellbeing £1500
- Purchase of a new shed to store new PE equipment £2000
- Purchase of new sports equipment.
The funding has increased participation in after school clubs. The use of coaches working alongside staff is providing CPD with a view to long term sustainability. The current KS2 year groups are small so fielding teams for competition is challenging but uptake in clubs is improving. The use of funding to provide transport to our partner school is improving the options for inter school work. The provision of a contracted counselling service has been very positive and given the school the ability to provide swiftyand timely support for children who have emotional difficulties. The impact on those children accessing this has been excellent.